Sunday, April 2, 2023

Once Upon a Time # 9

 I can't believe it is April already and we are finally moving into some spring weather!  As always, the beginning of the month brings the start of a new challenge at Once Upon a Time Challenge Blog.  If you haven't heard of this challenge before, it is super fun and I love it.  The theme every month is a different children's book.  The challenge is to make a card (or other craft project) that is inspired by the current book cover.  I think the reason I love this challenge so much is because my kids are all too old for me to read bedtime stories to anymore and the books in this challenge are often very nostalgic for me.  This month the book is Corduroy by Don Freeman and was originally written in 1968.  I can't even begin to guess how many times I've read this book to my all three of my kids.  I think there was probably a time when I barely needed the words because it was committed to my memory.  

I decided to mimic the cover of the book by using a bear dressed in green and with a red background.  The bear stamp and sentiment are both from The Stamps of Life, although they came from two different stamp sets.


I hope you'll join us this month for the challenge at Once Upon a Time Challenge Blog!  Challenge details and design team inspiration can be found on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment