Thursday, December 1, 2022

Once Upon a Time Challenge #5

 It's a new month and with it comes a new card challenge over at Once Upon a Time Challenge Blog.  As always, the challenge is to make a card inspired by the cover of a children's book.  This month the book is The Legend of the Poinsetta by Tomie dePaola.  It's not hard to imagine why I made the card I did so I guess very little explanation is needed this month. 😁

I used a layered poinsetta stamp, I think from Hero Arts but I can't remember for sure.  I embossed over the top layer with gold to give it an elegant, sparkly look.  It's funny that the card I had envisioned when I started and the card I ended up with are nothing alike.  Sometimes it just works out that way but I'm ok with how it turned out, even if it wasn't what I planned.  

I haven't embossed in awhile so I asked my exchange student if she wanted to see some "magic".  (I do feel like the point when it melts is very magical, lol!).  She seemed unimpressed at first but as soon as it went from dull powder to shiny gold, she was pretty amazed.  She said, "That's so cool, why don't you do it on every card?"  Good question!  My embossing supplies are one of those things that just sits there out of sight and mind but I think I'll be making an effort to use it more often.  
I know this is the month when everyone is very busy with the holidays but I hope you'll join us at Once Upon a Time Challenge Blog!  Challenge details and design team inspiration can be found on the blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment