Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Once Upon a Time Challenge #4

 Welcome to November!  I'm very excited to have joined the design team at Once Upon a Time Challenge Blog starting this month.  I've been guest designing for the past two challenges and I'm really happy to be a part of the team now!

If you don't know, Once Upon a Time Challenge Blog is one of the coolest (in my opinion!) card challenge blogs out there.  There is a new challenge every month and the theme is always a children's book cover.  I love books in general and children's books especially so I think this challenge is amazing. 

This month the book is Dreamers by Yuyi Morales.  It is a very short little book with amazing illustrations about a migrant family who comes to America and is having a hard time adjusting until they find the local library.  There they able to use books to learn the language, culture and truly begin their life in America. 

The card challenge is to make a book inspired by the cover of the book which I tried to do with a really sweet "Dream" sentiment from an older stamp set that I've had for quite some time and found a patterned paper in my stash that kind of resembles the color scheme of the sun on the front of the book. My main focus was the library because, even though it isn't represented on the cover of Dreamers, it plays a huge part in the story.  I used a stamp set that I just recently received from Rabbit Hole Designs.  I actually bought it for a different project (stamping inside some books I'm giving as gifts) but it turned out to be exactly what I wanted for this project.  

I have a niece getting ready to turn eight years old and I bought her a box set of Roald Dahl books for her birthday.  This will be a perfect card to go with some of my favorite books ever! I think she'll like it 😀

I hope you'll join us this month at Once Upon a Time Challenge Blog and share how you are inspired by this book!




No comments:

Post a Comment