Friday, November 18, 2022

Alphabet Challenge: Quilt

Welcome back to my blog! I feel like it has been forever since I've posted. We had some sickness roll through the family then I was traveling with a group of international high school students. If you are wondering how traveling with 24 kids was, it was pretty fabulous.  They were all much better behaved then my own kids are when traveling. 😂 And a group of the boys were so hilarious that they kept me laughing a lot of the time.  Being with a big group of kids from all over the world  (I think we had 9 countries) and seeing them bond with each other and show real interest in their cultural differences is one of the reasons I choose to work with them and makes all the paperwork worth it!  

So now I'm home and back to crafting so life is good!  I am also really excited to announce that I am joining the design team at The Alphabet Challenge Blog.  This is such a fun blog to be a part of because the theme rotates every two weeks by the letter of the alphabet.  This week's challenge letter is Q and the theme is Quilt.  I was a little stumped by this theme at first but then decided to use a hexagon die to make some quilt pieces.  Except it turns out that I don't have a hexagon die so I used what I do have which is an octagon die. I'm no quilting expert (or a quilter at all!) but I do think eight sides would be much more complicated than six on an actual quilt but it was fine for what I needed.  I paired that up with some floral and striped patterned paper and an embossed background that looks kind of quilty to me.  Then I added a thank you sentiment to finish it off.

 All of the challenge details and design team inspiration can be found on The Alphabet Challenge Blog.  I hope to see you there!

4 comments:

  1. You chose the perfect embossing folder for your background,it too has a quilted feel to it,your diecut octagons pop against the background

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great quilt card, Erin! These challenges are bond to stretch your creativity - it sure has with mine! LOL Welcome to the Alphabet DT! Look forward to seeing more of your creations.

    ReplyDelete