Thursday, September 1, 2022

Paper Dragonfly Challenge #9

 Happy September!  September is a month of school sports in our family.  In addition to both of my boys playing soccer, I also have a golfer.  I think it will be fun to learn a little about golfing because I know nothing! But I am going to be running around like crazy and I expect that this month is going to fly by in a cloud of chaos.  I think it was a funny coincidence that the theme for this month's challenge at Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenges is "Time Flies" 😃 
The sponsor for the challenge this month is Pattie's Creations.  I picked this adorable dragonfly image but I wasn't exactly sure how to tie it into the theme "Time Flies".  It was a challenge but I came up with the idea of a spinner card.  I'm not great at photographing spinner cards but the idea is that when you open the card, the clock spins around, which is as close to time flying as I could think of.  

I colored the image with colored pencils and added a little inking in the background.  I used a dry brush for the blue ink, just to add a little texture, and a regular blending brush for the purple ink.  Of course, I had to add Wink of Stella to the dragonfly wings.  The sparkle doesn't show in the picture but is very shiny in real life. 
This is a short video showing the card spinning.  If I make another one of these, I'd definitely make the circle bigger so that more of the colored image showed through. 




Please stop by and join the challenge at Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenges!  You can find all of the details and design team inspiration on the blog.

If you are looking for additional card challenges, there are a few really fun challenges starting soon!  One is all about cats and the other is everything Christmas and Halloween.  Both challenges are still having a Design Team call so check out the blogs for more information! 







No comments:

Post a Comment