Thursday, September 1, 2022

Once Upon a Time Challenge #2

Have you heard about the new challenge blog at Once Upon a Time Challenge?  Since I LOVE children's books so, so SO much, this challenge is right up my alley.   Every month there will be new card challenge based on the cover of a children's book.  You can design your project based on however the cover inspires you.  It could be the color scheme, the layout, or the story theme.  The choice is yours!  Brilliant idea, right? Just make sure you describe how you were inspired in your blog post.  Other challenge details can be found on their blog at Once Upon a Time Challenge.

This is the 2nd month of the challenge and the book is Charlotte's Web by E.B. White.  I'm really excited to be guesting designing for this month!  I LOVE this book.  And the movie.  And the other movie.  I love them all.  I must have read the book a dozen times in my life and watched the cartoon much more than that.  For my card, I knew it had to have a little Wilbur.  I colored him with pencils and paired him with some red card stock and wood themed patterned paper to represent the barn.  The ray die cut behind the card isn't exactly a spider web but it is as close as I had to anything spider related.  Apparently, I'm not much of a spider fan since I had nothing in my stash 😁. The saying Chin Up is, of course, from the first time Wilbur meets Charlotte in the movie and she gives him some musical advice about being happy and positive.  And who doesn't need a little extra positivity in their lives?  

I hope you'll check out the blog and join in on some challenges!  I know I'll be joining whenever I can.  





2 comments:

  1. What a fab card for our theme this month - welcome to the group and thank you for Guest Designing for us this month. Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great book cover/content interpretation to focus on Pig for your encouragement card! Thanks for being the September GD for OUAT! --Becca

    ReplyDelete