Friday, June 2, 2023

Once Upon a Time #11

 I can't believe it is June!  The school year is just about over and we are in the thick of end of the year school events.  Graduations and graduation parties, end of the year field trips, exchange students preparing to go back to their home countries...our house gets pretty crazy this time of year!  

I actually think the book for the Once Upon a Time Challenge Blog, The Little Engine That Could, ties into my life right now.  I think I can make it over this mountain of chaos that will lead into summer 😀

If the Once Upon a Time Challenge Blog is new to you, the basic idea is that there is a monthly children's book and the challenge is to create a card inspired by the book cover.  If you'd like to play along, more details can be found on the Once Upon a Time Challenge Blog.  

For my card, I started by using a stencil to create the background.  I roughly followed the book cover, making the ground green, the track area brown and they sky yellow/orange.  For the train itself, I used a stamp set from The Stamps of Life.  I colored the train blue and yellow which is similar to the little engine in the book.  I stamped the tracks directly onto the background and fussy cut the train, which I mounted on foam tape for some dimension.  I scissor cut the smoke from some gray card stock and inked a little around the edges.  There were several sentiments in the stamp set to choose from but I decided to go with "Just chugging by to say Happy Birthday to Choo!''




Challenge details and design team inspiration can be found on the Once Upon a Time Challenge Blog.  I hope you'll join us and play along this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment