Monday, May 1, 2023

ONCE UPON A TME #10 ONE LOVE

 I can't believe it is May 1st!  2023 is just flying by.  Today marks the start of a new challenge at Once Upon a Time Challenge Blog.  As always, the theme is based off of a children's book cover.  The challenge is to create a card inspired by the cover.  This month's book is One Love by Bob Marley.  It took me a bit to decide how I wanted to make my card.  Usually, I try to mimic the cover of the book in some way but this time I decided to take the theme of One Love and make a wedding card using hearts.  I don't have very many stamps or sentiments relating to weddings but I thought this "Wishing you the most beautiful day" sentiment from The Stamps of Life would be perfect. Since the book has green writing, I decided to use green as the main background color.  So from the book I've pulled the theme of love (hearts and wedding card) and the color green.  The other thing I wanted to add was sparkle so I heat embossed the sentiment in silver and found some shiny silver card stock for the leaves and background of the sentiment.  For the flowers and card front, I used a really pretty glittery white card stock.  Of course it is hard to see in the photos but it really sparkles.  And the last bling I added was silver rhinestones in the center of all the flowers and a few around the sentiment. 







I tried to post a short video so you could see some of the sparkle.  For some reason, it won't post.  You can check out my Instagram if you want to see the video. I think it turned out really well and I it is perfect for my cousin's wedding in a few weeks. 
Now for some exciting news!  Once Upon a Time Challenge Blog is having a design team call!  If you are interested in joining the DT or guest designing, HERE is a link to DT Call details.  I joined as a guest designer for the 2nd challenge and then shortly after decided to join as a design team member.  It's a really fun challenge, especially if you love children's books, and the best part is the commitment is only one card per month.     


I hope you'll join us at Once Upon a Time Challenge Blog this month!  Details, design team inspiration and DT call details can be found on the blog. And make sure to stop by again next month for the June challenge.  I can't give any spoilers but it is a book that most of us will recognize and I can't wait to make the card for it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment