Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Once Upon a Time Challenge #7

 I can't believe it is already February!  If time keeps flying by like this, we will be done with 2023 in the blink of an eye. My favorite thing about the 1st day of the month is the new challenge at Once Upon a Time Challenge Blog!  This month the book is My Heart by Corinna Luyken.  As always, the challenge is to create a card using the book cover as inspiration.  

For my card, I made a background from ink blending a few different gray inks.  Then with the darkest of the gray inks, I stamped a silhouette of some grass and flowers.  I actually think it turned out pretty similar to the book cover.  My next step was to search through my stamp sets to see if  I had anything that would remind me of a little kid in yellow overalls with a little yellow heart.  I actually found one of a little boy pulling a star in a wagon that I thought would work perfectly.  I've had this stamp set in my stash for several years and have never used it. I love challenges that make me search through my stash and find all the hidden treasure.  The sentiment says "Follow your dreams, they know the way". 

 I'm really happy with how this card turned out and I already have a recipient in mind for it.  We took several trips with our Italian exchange student last year and I bought charms that commemorate each trip. I'm going to send them on the one year anniversary of each trip.  In February of last year we went to Disney World so I'm sending her a charm of Cinderella's pumpkin carriage.  It's especially cute because I call her my little zucca, which means pumpkin in Italian.  My daughter and I get matching charms so its fun to match with our favorite Italian, even from across the world.  In March, she'll get a Nashville charm and in April, an Arizona charm.  This card is perfect because the sentiment is really sweet and can be for any occasion.  




I hope you'll join in on the challenge this month at Once Upon a Time Challenge Blog.  All of the challenge details and design team inspiration can be found on the blog.  ALSO, the blog is running a design team call.  If you are interested in joining as either a guest designer or a design team member, you can find info about that on the blog.  


1 comment:

  1. Erin I love the images you chose for your card. It really emulates the challenge photo, and reaching for a star. Thanks for inspiring.

    ReplyDelete